Internships with Britt Festivals
Marketing Intern Cody Stover created videos about
Britt's Rock Camp, our 50th season and more.
Photo by Vicki Rosette.
Development Intern Katie Lewis smiles for the camera at one of Britt's special events she helped plan.
Photo by 2012 Intern Reilly Owen
|Previous Marketing Intern Natalie Scheller joined Britt's
2012 seasonal staff as Assistant House Manager.
Photo by 2012 Intern Reilly Owen.
Britt's Internship Program is designed to provide substantial hands-on experience in arts administration and nonprofit management. Interns become integral members of the Britt staff, working alongside professional arts administrators to develop and present a full range of performing arts.
Part-time, paid internships are available between June and September and are 10 weeks in duration. Part-time, unpaid internships are available throughout the year, and are 10-12 weeks in duration. Specific start and end dates will be determined individually based on departmental needs and student availability.
- College credit
- Complimentary tickets to summer performances (for summer internships)
- Professional development sessions, including guest speakers and departmental presentations
- Field trips to other area arts organizations
- Discounts on concessions and Britt merchandise items
- Stipend for summer interns to offset housing and transportation expenses
WHO MAY APPLY:
- Undergraduate students who have completed at least one year of college prior to the start of their internship
- Graduate students
- Recent graduates (up to two years past graduation)
- International students (F-1 or J-1 Visa required)
Spring interns are are expected to complete 10-20 hours per week. Hours are determined based on student availability and the needs of the department. Summer internship descriptions (see below) include minimum hour requirements specific to the position.
The following positions are open for the Summer Term. Click on the link to download the pdf:
Executive Assistant Intern
Marketing Photo-Video Intern
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for an internship please submit the following to email@example.com. Deadline for summer internships: May 9:
- A cover letter outlining relevant experience and career goals, and specification of which departmental internship(s) you would like to be considered for
- A resume
- One writing sample (can be an excerpt from an academic paper, business letter, article for school publication, marketing piece, etc. No creative writing, and no more than 3 pages in length)
- Applicants for graphic design, photography, video or web internships should also submit three portfolio pieces, in addition to the writing sample mentioned above
- One academic or professional letter of recommendation
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-779-0847.