Taste of Summer
Saturday June 8 • Downtown Jacksonville • No admission fee; prices apply for specific activities
|Spend the day in Jacksonville celebrating the beginning of another Britt summer in Jacksonville. The afternoon will include live music, food from local restaurants,
demonstrations by the artists of Art Presence, a wine walk featuring
several local wineries, a beer garden, children’s activities on the
courthouse grounds, classic cars, street performers and more!
No purchase necessary!
Two lucky winners will receive $500 in Jacksonville gift certificates, good for any business in town. Taste of Summer attendees can enter the drawing at all participating businesses from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. at Taste of Summer in Jacksonville. The drawing will take place at 4 p.m. at the Britt booth on S. 3rd Street. Two winners will be drawn; winner must be present to win!
Entries must be submitted between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. only on June 8, 2013, at participating businesses. Must be 18 or older to participate. Entries limited to one per store/business.
Participating business owners, their immediate family members, and employees are not eligible.
With wine from local wineries, a beer garden, and food booths featuring offerings from area restaurants, there's a little something for every palate at Taste of Summer.
Wine Walk : Tickets are $25 and will be available at the Chamber/Britt booth on
S.3rd Street. Wineries will be located in various shops and businesses
• Caprice Vineyards • Weisinger’s of Ashland Winery • LaBrasseur Vineyard • Cliff Creek Cellars • Serra Vineyards • Daisy Creek Vineyard • Devitt Winery • Soloro Vineyard • Belle Fiore Winery • Valley View Winery • Quady North • South Stage Cellars • Umpqua Valley Wine Tasting Room • Two Hawks Winery & Vineyard • Adit Public House • Dancin Vineyards • EdenVale Winery • Grizzly Peak Winery • Ledger David Cellars • Pebblestone Cellars
Children's Area (on the Jacksonville Courthouse Lawn):
• Hands-On Art Projects for Kids by Local Artists (Art Presence)
• Games (Lion's Club, Kiwanis Club, Fire Engine Co. No. 1 and Royal Family Kids Camp)
• Jacksonville Woodlands
• FullMoon Hula Hoops
• Humane Society
• Fantasy Face Painting by Gina Niemi
• Bugs R Us
• Wildlife Images
Century Link is sponsoring slinky races and a food drive. Bring a
non-perishable food item to play. Items will be donated to Access
• Balloon animals
• Live music (see below for schedule)
• so much more!
12 p.m.: Mercy featuring Lynda Morrison
2 p.m.: Frankie Hernandez & The Old Soul Parade
California Street (Next to Pico's)
12 p.m.: 3 little birds
2 p.m.: Charles Guy & Michael Whipple
12 p.m.: The Blank Notes
1 p.m.: Ballet Folklorico Ritmo Alegre
2 p.m.: Rum Tum Music Students (Ukulele)
3 p.m.: Sonic Kaleidoscope - World Beat Experience (Marimba)
Food booths on N. 3rd Street by:
Back Porch BBQ
• Hot Air Balloon Rides by Daybreak Ballooning on the Bigham Knoll field, weather permitting, 8 a.m. Suggested donation $5.
• IOOF Breakfast at 175 S. Oregon Street, 7-11 a.m. Breakfast includes sourdough pancakes, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage and Good Bean coffee. Cost is $7 and $4 for chilcren under 12. All proceeds benefit the upkeep of their building.
• Classic Cars: Rogue Valley Model A Club, Rogue Valley Classic Chevys, Rogue Valley Hot Rod, EDGETA (tractors)
• Art Demonstrations by Art Presence
• "A Taste of Strawberries": Old-fashioned Strawberry Festival at the Jacksonville Presbyterian Church from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Suggested donation is $3 for a generous strawberry shortcake. All proceeds benefitting the Historic Church Preservation Fund. River of Life band will perform gospel songs.
Courthouse Lawn Offerings:
• Chalk artist Cathy Gallatin will be creating a custom live piece of chalk art
• Pacific Power Blue Sky program
• Medford Food Project
• Snow-Cones (Kiwanis)
• Brats/Hot Dogs/Popcorn (Rotary)
|Taste of Summer is co-sponsored by Britt Festivals, The Chamber of Commerce and the Jacksonville Oregon Business Association (JOBA)