2023 BRITT FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
Program Dates: June 8 - July 3
Audition Deadline: February 1, 2023
- Provide a current CV.
- Provide a single-page cover letter outlining the reasons for your interest in and readiness for this program. Please address the following questions:
- What are your personal and professional goals as an artist?
- What role does the contemporary musician play in the community both as a musician and as a teaching artist?
- Provide at least 2 letters of recommendation from a professor or private instructor.
- Provide full-body video recordings with high-quality sound of the excerpts listed below.
- 19th or 20th Century Violin Concerto of your choosing – 1st movement, first 3 minutes.
II. Orchestral excerpts
- Richard Strauss, Don Juan (first page; beginning to 9 m. before D)
- Felix Mendelssohn, Midsummer Night's Dream Scherzo (first page; beginning to 7 m. after D).
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Symphony No. 35 - 1st movement (beginning to 6 before B - downbeat of m. 60).
- Label audition video files using your name and the excerpt titles provided:
Example “Violin, Smith, Rebecca, Don Juan”
- Send all materials to email@example.com. Electronic submissions only. All inquiries will be acknowledged.