Thank you for your interest in employment at Britt Music and Arts Festival.
There are no permanent positions open at this time.
Position: Seasonal Facilities & Grounds Maintenance Manager
Reports to: CEO and Production Manager
Duration and Hours: June 1-October 31. This is a seasonal full-time position. Day-shift hours for this position may occasionally fluctuate to accommodate the event schedule.
General Description: The facilities & grounds maintenance manager is responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of buildings and grounds, including pre-season preparation and post-season wrap-up of the venue’s grounds and facilities. This position includes facilities and grounds maintenance, daily custodial duties, performing inspections and repairs, and organized reporting to Britt supervisor.
- Prepare all facilities and grounds for the opening of the season, including identifying and prioritizing maintenance issues, making repairs, maintaining building exteriors, materials, etc.
- Prepare all facilities and grounds for the close of the season, including winterization.
- Maintain venue grounds, including parkings lots, lawns, plantings and planting beds, trees, fences, sprinkler systems, exterior and ‘house’ lighting systems, hardscapes. This includes hands-on mowing, brush cutting, plant debris removal, sweeping/power washing, digging, and ensuring the removal of trash and debris from grounds and neighborhoods following performances.
- Maintain Britt lawn and irrigation system, with focused results around event schedule and public usage.
- Maintain Britt tools, equipment, appliances, and vehicles.
- Identify maintenance issues (electrical, plumbing, irrigation, appliances, climate, lighting, communications, construction, materials) on all buildings and grounds through routine inspections.
- Provide supervisor(s) with regular updates on existing, pending, upcoming projects and issues.
- When required, select and oversee professional contractors (electrical, plumbing, hvac, communications, concrete, arborists, etc.) with supervisor approval.
- Coordinate all custodial cleaning, maintenance, restocking as appropriate to the event schedule.
- Supervise part-time grounds support.
- High school diploma with a minimum two years vocational or college training or five years’ job experience
- Must be positive, well organized and energetic
- Must have experience in general carpentry, electricity, plumbing, household appliances, landscaping and lawn care
- Must have good communication skills and be able to work effectively with contractors and the general public
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and be in good physical condition
- Experience in personnel supervision, such as shift management, time tracking, and relevant administrative duties
Must be flexible in adapting work hours to meet the needs of the position
Part-time internships for college credit only are available during the late winter, spring and summer months. Specific dates and work schedules are determined individually based on departmental needs and the availability of the chosen candidates. For paid, seasonal positions, please see our Seasonal/Temporary Employment section.
There are no internship positions open at this time.
Britt Music & Arts Festival is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.