Britt Pavilion in Jacksonville
|Photo by Josh Morell Image This Photography
All performance at Britt Pavilion unless otherwise noted. Check the list of performances for more information. See the links at the left for information on each venue.
Technical specficications and Production information pages.
Important NEW information about Britt's alcohol policy...
Britt is licensed under ORS 471.178. Under this license, patrons may bring in wine or beer into the Britt Park (no hard alcohol). Also under this license, all alcohol that is brought into the Britt Park by patrons must be either consumed or disposed of before patrons leave the park. In compliance with OLCC regulations, bags, coolers and other items may be subject to search as patrons leave the park. Please only bring in an amount that you can safely consume while enjoying a concert at Britt. Please drink responsibly. Britt Festivals or its artists reserves the right to prohibit wine or beer (any alcohol) from coming into the Britt grounds for select concerts.
In 2013, patrons will not be permitted to bring in outside alcohol for the following concerts: Ziggy Marley (June 29), Billy Currington (July 25), Rebelution/Matisyahu/Colle Buddz (August 20) and REO Speedwagon (September 13). This announcement was made on April 8. Britt reserves the right to restrict outside alchol on shows that are added after this date, as appropriate and necessary.
For all other concerts in 2013, patrons will be permitted to bring in beer and wine as usual. Patrons will be able to purchase wine or beer at all concerts.
The Britt Pavilion is located in Jacksonville, Oregon – at 350 First Street – about five miles west of Medford and 20 miles north of Ashland, in the southern part of the state.
- The driving and parking map (pdf) shows Britt's location in relation to I-5 as well as a street map of Jacksonville.
- NEW! This 2013 map from the City of Jacksonville shows detailed information on where to park in town.
- Driving directions from I-5 southbound: Take exit 35 towards OR-99/South Central
Point/North Medford. Merge onto OR-99. Turn right onto West Pine Street. West Pine Street becomes Hanley Road. Turn slight right onto Jacksonville Highway. Jacksonville Highway becomes North 5th Street. Turn right onto California and go three blocks to Oregon Street. Turn right on Oregon for public parking. Turn left on Oregon for the Britt Park.
- Driving directions from I-5 northbound: Take exit 24 toward Phoenix. Turn right on North Main Street. North Main Street turns into OR-99. Go approx. 3.5 miles and turn left on Stage Road South and follow the signs to Jacksonville. From the city limits, Stage Road South becomes East California. Continue 3 blocks past the first stop sign to Oregon Street. Turn right on Oregon for public parking. Turn left on Oregon for the Britt Park.
Total capacity: 2,200.
Reserved: numbered bench-style seating for 662.
Premium Reserved Lawn: blanket seating for 108. Twenty-four blankets for groups of four and six blankets for groups of two are available on the lawn between the stage and the reserved benches. Premium Reserved Lawn seating is not available for Classical performances.
Lawn: space is available on a first-come, first-served basis on Britt's grassy hillside. 1,430 Spaces behind reserved seats. We suggest you bring a blanket for lawn seating.
If you have purchased and have been assigned reserved seating ticket(s), you can locate your exact seat by viewing a printable reserved seating chart. (The chart is formatted as PDF (Portable
Document Format) files. If your browser does not automatically download
these files, you may download Adobe's free Acrobat Reader software.)
Early Entry Gate (Donor $250 and above)
Donor members and above will be able to enter the Britt park on concert nights beginning at 5:45 p.m. (unless otherwise noted), allowing first access to general lawn seating and concessions. The general public will be able to enter beginning at 6 p.m. For Access to the early entry gate will be indicated on members' tickets (tickets must be purchased on the member account).
Premium Reserved Blanket Seating:
The lawn area between regular reserved seating and the stage will be sold as premium reserved blanket seating for most concerts (not available for Classical performances). Policies are as follows:
- There will be up to 30 Premium Reserved Blankets in front of the stage for most concerts in 2012. Patrons may request specific blanket locations when making a blanket purchase; however, if the blanket requested is not available or no specific request is made, best available will be given. View a printable reserved seating chart.
- The premium lawn blankets area is sectioned off and numbered. Twenty-four blankets (5'x7') will be priced for four people (purchaser will receive four tickets). Six blankets (5'x3.5') will be priced for two people (purchaser will receive two tickets). Patrons should bring their own blanket to cover the area.
- Members may apply member ticket discounts or coupons to the premium blankets. The price of the blanket remains the same, even if there are a fewer people occupying the blanket than the maximum number allows.
- Premium lawn blankets may be purchased up to 1 hour before the gates open, subject to availability.
- If all 30 blankets are sold, there will be no general admission seating in front of the stage.
- Any premium reserved blankets that are not sold one hour before the gates open will be opened as general admission seating, on a first-come, first-served basis. Note: space guidelines and patron numbers per space still apply.
NEW Standing Room Only (SRO):
The lawn area between the stage and reserved seating for some concerts will be sold as Standing Room Only (SRO). These tickets are the same price as reserved seats.
Lawn chairs are allowed in lawn seating areas only if the back legs are four inches or less in length. Back rests of chairs may not exceed shoulder height. Taller chairs are not allowed in the general lawn seating area at any time. Limited space is available for the taller chairs on the sides and at the back of the general lawn seating. Those areas are indicated throughout the hill.
Thanks to the City of Jacksonville and Bigham Knoll, parking is available in lots on C & D Streets at the bottom of the hill, with overflow parking at Bigham Knoll (formerly Cascade Christian School) at E and 6th Streets. Free trolley transportation is offered from all lots to the main gate prior to concerts, beginning at 6 p.m., until the concert starts. The trolley does not run after the concert. If you park on a residential street, please be respectful of our neighbors’ privacy and property.
PASSENGER DROP OFF:
Patron unloading is available at the south gate circular driveway (First and Fir Streets). Notice: on concert days, vehicle access to the top gate on Fir Street is restricted to permit holders from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m., by authority of the Jacksonville Police Department.
Open at 6 p.m., for the general public, for all performances at Britt Pavilion unless otherwise noted.
Casual. A light wrap is recommended for cooler evenings.
Patron unloading is available near wheelchair accessible seating and restrooms. Limited accessible seating is available in both the reserved and lawn seating areas and requires a special ticket. Wheelchair accessible seating is general admission (lawn prices), located directly in front of Section A, and must be requested when purchasing tickets. One guest may sit with the patron requiring accessible seating. Limited accessible parking is available across the street from the main entrance. These spaces may be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis when tickets are purchased. A valid state-issued permit is required for the accessible parking lot. Please call the box office manager for reservations or more information at 541-773-6077. You may also email our box office manager from our Contact Us page.
On-site concessions include menu items of American, Greek, Mexican and Asian food, pizza and ice cream. Beverage choices include a variety of local wines, several beer options, soft drinks and espresso. Britt Society also operates the gift booth, with a variety of items available.
Bring your own picnic and sit on the grass or at one of the 30 tables located at the top of the hill.
The use of cameras and/or recording devices during performances is strictly prohibited.
Permitted only in the designated area near the top of the hill, inside the Britt park. Smoking is not allowed in concert seating areas or the upper picnic area.
Latecomers will be asked to wait on the side until a suitable break in the performance.
Prior to gate opening, Britt asks that patrons respect the rights of others by observing the following etiquette while waiting in line:
* Holding space in line for a group or cutting ahead of those who have been waiting is not permitted.
* Every person in line is required to have a ticket for that same day's performance. Those without a ticket will be asked to leave the line.
* Unattended items do not guarantee a place in line.
*Overnight line sitters on Fir Street must have a permit issued by the city of Jacksonville.
No hard alcohol, portable stoves, weapons, camping or pets allowed.
If you have any questions, call the Britt Box Office at 541-773-6077 or 1-800-882-7488, or email us from our Contact Us page.